This call for proposals is aimed at small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Quebec, in collaboration with other SMEs or larger companies or a public research institution in Quebec (IRPQ), wishing to initiate research projects demonstrating a strong potential for reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in Quebec. The objectives of the call are as follows:
- Encourage the emergence of innovative technologies and practices that will enable Quebec to progress more rapidly towards its GHG emission reduction targets.
- Promote the implementation of new technologies that would lead to the reduction of GHG emissions.
- Mobilize businesses around collaborative innovation projects aimed at discovering solutions for reducing GHG emissions.
- Support the development of intellectual property related to new technologies aimed at GHG reduction.
- Strengthen the adoption of clean technologies by businesses.
- Stimulate investments in innovation focused on reducing GHG emissions.
The collaborative research partnership must consist of at least:
- An SME (250 employees or fewer) incorporated under federal or Quebec laws, registered with the Quebec Business Register, having a place of business in Quebec, AND engaged in production and/or SR&ED activities in Quebec.
And one or more of the following partners:
- Companies of all sizes incorporated under federal or Quebec laws, registered with the Quebec Business Register, having a place of business in Quebec, AND engaged in production and/or SR&ED activities in Quebec.
- Institut de recherche publique du Québec (IRPQ).
- Non-profit organization (NPO) or cooperative incorporated under federal or Quebec laws, registered with the Quebec Business Register, AND engaged in production and/or SR&ED activities in Quebec.
- Hydro-Quebec and its subsidiaries.
The project duration must not exceed 2 years.
Financial assistance can reach up to 50% of eligible project expenses. Financial assistance can reach a maximum of $1,000,000 per project. The funding beneficiaries are SMEs and research organizations in Quebec only.
To submit your LOI form, please contact the CRIAQ project manager responsible for the call for projects. He will provide you with the link to the form and instructions.
The project portfolio team at CRIAQ will assist you in budget preparation using proven tools for prequalification and obtaining funding.