Program details

Objectives

Through Artificial Intelligence (AI), the Quebec government wants to propel Quebec companies towards the adoption of new production methods, more efficient, current, and competitive.  This program aims to explore the potential of emerging technologies related to the use of AI, in order to generate new ideas for applications and/or validate technological elements in the context of applied research projects proposed and supervised by industry and conducted by researchers.

Eligibility criteria  

  • Existence of a potential value-added aerospace application related to AI
  • Minimum partnership: 1 academic partner and 1 industrial partner (including at least 1 SME or startup), in Quebec

Details on the financing of projects

  • The maximum assistance per project is up to a maximum of $500,000 per project for up to 3 years.
  • Financial assistance covers a maximum of 40% of eligible project expenses.
  • Minimum industrial contribution: 20% in cash (and at least $5,000 per year per company) and at least the equivalent in kind.
  • Additional funding from other programs where applicable (e.g., NSERC, MITACS).
  • Recipients of funding are universities, colleges, and research centers.

 

Application and Approval Process

CRIAQ’s team accompanies* project teams throughout the development of research proposals. It is essential to include a CRIAQ project manager as soon as possible in the discussions in order to ensure the eligibility of projects to funding programs. The CRIAQ team will also be able to advise project leaders on the funding structure of their projects.

In this case, from a request for co-funding, the NSERC form is accepted as a research proposal with the addition of some documents such as:

  • Project summary in French;
  • Maturation plan for the technology developed;
  • Gantt chart of the project;
  • Depending on Ministry rules, other documents may be required at the time of submission.

* To access CRIAQ’s support, a 5% program management fee will be applied to the total eligible expenses. 40% of this amount will be covered by the MEI as an eligible project expense and the remaining 60% will have to be covered by the partner companies. All participants in the project must be members in good standing in the consortium as soon as they join the consortium and for the entire duration of the project.  

Project Approval Process

  • Evaluation and recommendation by CRIAQ’s Scientific Committee, one month after the filing date.
  • Approval by the Board of Directors (if required)
  • Submission to MEI for final approval
  • Approval by other programs may be required where applicable.

Evaluation criteria

Submitted projects will be evaluated according to the following criteria:

  • Objectives, quality, and relevance of the project;
  • The innovative nature of the project;
  • Commercialization potential;
  • The level of commitment of the financial partners or the stakeholder community;
  • The ability of the team and the company or organization to carry out the project;
  • Number and suitability of delivery partners;
  • The contribution to the development of the next generation;
  • Intellectual property protection strategy;
  • Benefits for Quebec (economic and social benefits, consolidation of knowledge, etc.).

Download below the complete application guide. Please note that it is mandatory to contact the CRIAQ manager, Marion Stoffel, in preparation of your application.

Download the complete guide (french only)